Monday, October 19, 2009

A Work In Progress


I've been preaching a mini-series in Jonah and have really grown through this study. There are some great and deep theological lessons in this text. I'm intrigued by Jonah's response in the belly of the fish and God's response to him. Even when he "looked towards God," he wasn't buying God's theology. Yet, in spite of the tension and conflict that still existed - God chose to use Jonah. Unlike Jonah, I don't have the courage to blatantly disagree with God (though I do disobey Him on a fairly regular basis). And even in my sinful state, He still chooses to use me. I've only recently realized that He does this for my benefit. Like Jonah, I am a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy ... enjoyed spending time on your blog this morning. Blessings in your ministry. I too am a work in progress and I'm thankful God uses me even in my sinfulness ... otherwise I'd never be used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonah should remind all of us of ourselves every now and then. It also reminds me that Christians serve God and attend worship services not because we are perfect but because we are not. Thank you for the insight and the reminder to get busy serving God! We are all works in progress!

    ReplyDelete