Saturday, October 17, 2009

Somtimes All We've Got is . . .

Prayer.

I've walked through valleys when it seemed that the mountains were closing in, and every decision was the wrong one. Ever felt like that?

I've tried to logically think through the situation, making a list of pros and cons and even asking for advice. But in the end, all the answers led me to consequences that I was trying to avoid. Ever experienced that?

It's often a slow and sometimes painful experience. That is, getting to where God is standing and patiently waiting for me to meet Him at. But in the end, no matter how long it takes, I always end up on my knees in prayer. Ever tried that?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes making a list of pros and cons is a way of trying to avoid what we really need to do or choose and a way to avoid emotional accountability. Trying to check our emotions at the door and only apply logic to a situation can have disasterous effects to those around us. God commanded us to love one another. That is one big emotion! You remind us all that in the end prayer and communication with God should drive us all not logic lists. Great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete