Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tested in Wal-Mart

Preachers have got to have their 'A' games at all times. I mean, we're never off work. Yesterday, I was in Wal-Mart and I ran into a great lady that we worship with. After we said hello, she says "Jeremy, I've already talked with one of the elders, but I need to ask you a question." Okay, anytime a person starts with, "I've talked with one of the elders," there's a 50/50 shot at it being a not-so-fun conversation. This one turned out okay. She had a textual question for me. Whew, sigh of relief. Then she stumped me.

"What was the name of the angel cast out of heaven?" I knew what it wasn't. And I felt like I had a good guess, but I told her she'd have to wait until Sunday for the answer. By the way, it's in Isaiah 14.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment