Saturday, February 20, 2010

Perspective Is a Beautiful Thing

Perspective is a beautiful thing. There's certainly been times when I have lost my perspective and God was there to realign my sight. There's been other times when I was reminded of what Godly perspective looks like without necessarily needing a readjustment. Seeing people, sin, blessings and opportunities as Jesus sees them is probably not possible, at least for me. But every once in a while He gives me a small and brief glimpse through his eys. And I am so grateful for those times, because its then that I am able to regain my perspective.

Today when I looked at my new son for the first time, God gave me a chance to see the world, if only for a moment, through His eyes. I saw a person the same way Jesus sees each of His children who have answered His call - sinless and pure. I saw a blessing that I had received in that little baby. And I saw opportunity to correct my own wrongs by raising one of His children to be better than myself. To give more, to worry less, to serve harder and love stronger than I could have ever hoped to.

I hope you would be able to see the world like I did tonight. May God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hands.

Brody Ryan Schopper
Born to serve and walk with Jesus on 2/19/2010.

1 comment: